What number do I call to discuss my ongoing payments?

Please call Extend Your Car on 07 3387 0951. All your payments are handled internally by our company and if there are any issues we can fix them up over the phone quick and easy.

Why do I need a Warranty?

There are many reasons to purchase our Warranty. Your Motor Vehicle is one of your biggest investments. They have literally thousands of moving parts combined with the latest in computer technology. The risk of mechanical breakdown is completely random, no matter the age, model or kilometres travelled. With our Warranty, you can be assured of returning your Motor Vehicle to the best mechanical condition possible. With the complexity of today's Motor Vehicles, one medium-size repair can cost more than the purchase price of the Warranty.

Do all Motor Vehicles qualify for a Warranty?

Qualifying criteria for different coverage’s but can offer coverage to all Motor Vehicles valued over $3000. Please refer to the coverage section of this website, which will give you more comprehensive information available to suit your Motor Vehicle.

Warranty Claims
How do I make a Motor Vehicle Warranty claim?

Read the Warranty carefully to ensure your claim is covered by the Warranty than Telephone or write to:

Australian Warranty Network Pty Ltd
P.O. Box 4301, Phone: (07) 3802 5577
Loganholme, Qld 4129 Fax: (07) 3806 1505
Email: claims@australianwarranty.com.au
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. (AEST)

Quote the Warranty number, registration number and current odometer reading. Explain fully the nature of the problem remembering that you are required to disclose to AWN all information which is relevant in assisting AWN to consider your claim. If you fail to disclose such information your rights to claim may be seriously affected.

Upon receipt of the above information AWN will process and consider your claim.

Repairs will not be paid by AWN unless an authorisation number is issued by AWN to the repairer prior to the commencement of the repairs.

In some cases you will be given the opportunity to contribute something towards the cost of the repairs, i.e. any repairs that restore the Motor Vehicle to a better condition than the condition prior to the failure.

Failure by you to pay for any work not included in this claim shall render this Warranty void.

In the event of a mobile mechanic being called by AWN, you agree that any work carried out by that or any mechanic that is not part of the cover or if the call is of a service nature then this cost shall be your responsibility.

If you have a problem with your Motor Vehicle that is not claim related, just call AWN'S claims department and AWN can still assist you through our network of Approved Repairers Australia-Wide.

Do I have to pay the Approved Repairer and wait for reimbursement?

No; not at all. All claims are settled directly with our Approved Repairer. As long as there has been an AWN authority number given to the Approved Repairer, the bill will be directed to AWN.

Can I claim more than once on my Warranty?

The ranges of Warranty products offered on our website have generous claim limits and allow for multiple claims within the Warranty period.

What do I do if I have a claims dispute?

If a complaint arises during the course of your dealings with AWN, please contact AWN'S Claims Manager to discuss the matter.

Should the complaint remain unresolved, you may request AWN’s Internal Dispute Resolution Committee (IDRC) to review the dispute at no cost to you. This review will normally be completed within 15 business days.  

If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of the IDRC review of your complaint, you are entitled to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), WME’s External Resolution Scheme. The FOS details will be supplied with the IDRC written response to your complaint review.

How often do I have to service my Motor Vehicle?

To maintain a regular service schedule in accordance with manufacturers specifications with a qualified motor mechanic at intervals not to exceed 10,000 (ten thousand) kilometres or 6 (six) months, whichever occurs first. An allowance of no more than 2,000 (two thousand) kilometres or 30 (thirty) days beyond the stated intervals will be accepted. In addition any Motor Vehicle over the age of 10 (ten) years or in excess of 200,000 (two hundred thousand) kilometres must also have a motor mechanics safety check and oil change at intervals not exceeding 3 (three) months or 5,000 (five thousand) kilometres, whichever occurs first. An allowance of no more than 1,000 (one thousand) kilometres or 30 (thirty) days beyond the stated intervals will be accepted.

To post the relevant service coupon attached to the Warranty and the mechanic’s tax invoice (or copy) to AWN, P.O. Box 4301, LOGANHOLME, QLD, 4129, within seven (7) days of the service being completed.

Please call Extend Your Car on 07 3387 0951. All your payments are handled internally by our company and if there are any issues we can fix them up over the phone quick and easy.

Where can I service my Motor Vehicle?

You can service your Motor Vehicle at any licensed "A" grade mechanical workshop of your choice, or find a workshop with our Approved Repairer signage in your local area.

Why do I have to mail in copies of my service invoices?

If the unfortunate happens (i.e. a breakdown), our aim is to get you back on the road ASAP. In order to do so, your service history must be up to date. By not sending in your service receipts/coupons, it may delay processing of your claim.

Roadside Assistance
Who do I call for Roadside Assistance?

Please call Australia Wide Assist on 07 3387 0951. Their friendly staff will be there to help you 24 hours a day.